AIPMO – IPMO-Foundation™ Certification
IPMO- Foundation (IPMO-F) Certification: how to be a high value certified PMO team, project or stakeholder professional
Working in a PMO?
The AIPMO IPMO-Foundation Certification is for any member of a PMO team looking to improve and build on their core skills.
The International Project Management Officer (IPMO)® is the most important industry recognised certification for international project management officers. There are three levels of certification reflecting the level of competency: Foundation, Practitioner, and Expert.
At IPMO Foundation level, the course focuses on the core functions and services that a PMO can offer to an organisation.
The course is designed to be hands-on, encompassing the day-to-day operational aspects of PMOs by detailing the challenges and best practices to improve the running, monitoring and controlling of a PMO.
This course brings together the latest in research and best practices into a PMO lifecycle framework that focuses on PMO capabilities especially for project, programme and portfolio management offices; your role(s) in running, monitoring and controlling a PMO; and what exactly is PMO success, PMO maturity; and how both are connected, including their influences on project success.
You will learn to view PMOs in terms of services and the associated supporting capabilities (tools and techniques coupled with personal competencies).
You will walk through the PMO documentation plan to gain an understanding of the key PMO document deliverables.
Course modules include:
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Building the Context and Need for PMOs
- Module 3: PMO Lifecycle Framework
- Module 4: Developing Capabilities and Services within the PMO
- Module 5: Run, Monitor and Control Services within a PMO
- Module 6: PMO Success, PMO Maturity and their Connection
Further details about each module can be found below.
During the course there are many exercises as well as a course-long case study that can be used to help to embed both PMO and project concepts in a story based industry example.
Who Should Attend?
The IPMO-Foundation level course is specifically for:
- PMO/Project/Programme/Portfolio Office team members
- New PMO Managers
- Project team members involved in the PMO related activities
- Project/programme/portfolio management practitioners with some experience in PMOs
- Any project or PMO stakeholder wishing to better understand how to run, monitor and control a high performing PMO
Why You Should Attend?
Increase the value of PMOs in your organisation to make the competitive difference in your industry by:
- Extend your understanding of project, programme and portfolio management in the context of PMOs
- Extend your understanding of which PMO services and functions are required
- Develop your core set of PMO capabilities required to deliver services to your PMO
- Develop your PMO tools and techniques knowledge specific to core PMO services
- Discuss group experiences to share and develop knowledge
- Progress your journey to being a competent PMO practitioner
- Pass the AIPMO-Foundation exam and become IPMO-Foundation accredited
For more information about AIPMO – visit the Association website