The Assurance for PMO Professionals course is suitable for PMO practitioners who are supporting projects, programmes and portfolios who want a better understanding of assurance. It is also aimed at PMO practitioners who are leading and managing PMO’s.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will:
- Learn how to ensure the principles of good assurance are met in all assurance activity, including establishing and maintaining effective independence.
- Explore different types of project reviews and how to conduct them in an effective and consistent way.
- Use case studies to discover how to provide assurance that avoids duplications and omissions, providing confidence to all stakeholders cost effectively and at the right time.
- Learn how to advise on the design and implementation of effective P3 assurance arrangements
In the course, learners will cover the following:
- Assurance in context
- Introduction to Assurance
- Assurance, governance and risk management
- P3 Assurance vs corporate Assurance
- The Three Lines Model
- Assurance in PMO context
- Auditing the auditors
- Integrated Assurance
- Assurance Frameworks
- Assurance in P3M best practice
- Reviews and Audits
- Types of project review
- Project reviews vs project audits
- Planning a project review
- Tools, techniques and approaches
- Human factors
- Project review execution
- Project review reporting
- Actions, follow-up and review closure
- Practical considerations
- The 7 Secrets of Successful Project Reviews
* Optional Day 3 for In-House courses to help apply the principles covered in day 1 and 2 to your organisation.
Why should you consider Assurance for PMO Professionals?
- You will gain essential knowledge of assurance in PMO context
- You will have a broader understanding of assurance types
- Understand what makes assurance good or bad
- Understand relationships between assurance types, governance and risk management
- You will know how to conduct a project review in a consistent way
- Understand the distinction between project and project audits
- You will know how to flex assurance approaches dependant on delivery method
- You will know how to make use of data in assurance
- Understand how to maximise the value of assurance, both in terms of it’s efficiency and effectiveness, and in terms of impact
- Appreciate the potential of assurance in knowledge management
After the course, learners will be able to:
- Apply consistent approaches to assurance for all projects
- Ensure the principles of good assurance are met in all assurance activity
- Provide assurance that avoids duplications and omissions, and provides confidence to all stakeholders cost effectively and at the right time
- Be able to advise on the design and implementation of effective P3 assurance arrangements
If you’ve completed the Assurance for PMO Professionals course, then there a few ways you can continue your training.
If you want to look at other specialist courses then you can look at Lean-Agile PMO, Benefits Management and the Role of the PMO or Value Streams.
If you want to look at certification courses we have the Essentials suite, P3O® certifications and Management of Portfolios®.
If you want something more specific or bespoke for your organisation, contact us today.