Continuous Improvement for the PMO
Learning Approach: Virtual Classroom
Duration: 2 day
Virtual Classroom price: £1050 + VAT
Virtual Course Timings: 9am to 4pm UK time
Every PMO understands the importance of continuous improvement. This course demonstrates how value streams can be used as an approach to assess and improve PMO services and uses the same approach to improve agile and waterfall project delivery.
This course encourages PMO leaders to consider how their PMO operates, its goals, and its OKRs. It also encourages PMOs to ask how efficient their project delivery methodology is. Beyond lessons learned, this course offers a framework for creating PMO value. If your goal is to improve PMO service delivery and value creation. In this course, you will:
- Get guidance on how to monitor the development process of projects and ensure efficient delivery.
- Using an idealised Project Methodology, you will discover how Value Stream Analysis and Metrics can be used to drive project performance and PMO value creation.
- Using lessons learned as input to enhance the project methodology within your organisation and accelerate project delivery.
- Learn how to use metrics and OKRs to assess your PMO’s efficiency and identify improvement areas.
- Learn how to create high-level plans to monitor and improve.
- Understand the importance of Lean Portfolio Management in increasing the flow of value from your project teams.
- Introduction to Value Streams and their impact on the principles and practices for PMO operation.
- Creating flow- how systems theory and theory of constraints can be applied to improve efficiency.
- Case study: create a value stream map of your project methodology, review and create improvement opportunities.
- Measuring the efficiency of your project methodology and the critical metrics.
- Other types of value streams.
- Service Value Streams – the delivery of PMO value
- The PMO as a service
- How creating an idealised value stream helps with PMO service improvement – practical exercise.
- Lean portfolio management.
- Portfolio governance – the intended and unintentional outcomes
- The PMO Kanban
- Managing the PMO improvement backlog
What happens during the course?
|This comprehensive course provides PMO Leaders and Practitioners the tools they need to create greater organisational value. A highly interactive environment enables senior PMO practitioners to learn how to continuously improve, reduce waste, improve efficiency, streamline processes and emphasize continual improvement.
This course provides a framework and measures that evaluate and improve the organisation’s project delivery system. In a case study, a participant may take their organisation’s project delivery framework and get a holistic view for improvement.
Moving beyond lessons learned, this course provides a structure that will enable the participants to improve the effectiveness of the PMO function by streamlining the process and emphasising continual improvement.
What happens after the course?
- This course encourages PMO leaders and practitioners to optimise the way that services are delivered by the PMO.
- It encourages the analysis of the project delivery and PMO process to look for systemic challenges and seek improvements.
- It teaches a series of efficiency improvement techniques that have wider business application beyond the PMO