AXELOS P3O® Practitioner Certification
Learning Approach: Classroom
Duration: 2 days
Exam: 2 hour 30 minutes, 4 questions of 20 marks
Certification Body: AXELOS
Price: £995 + VAT (discounts may apply)
- You must have already passed your P3O® Foundation
Pre-Reading: Delegates should be up-to-date on P3O® Foundation content.
The P3O® Practitioner level course is specifically for:
- Those leading or managing a PMO function – PMO Managers, PMO Lead, PMO Director and Head of PMO roles.
- Those tasked with designing and implementing a PMO function
The P3O® Practitioner Certification follows on from the P3O® Foundation. Where the Foundation certification focuses on the fundamentals of P3O®, the Practitioner level is about the application of P3O®.
The Practitioner course covers the design, implementation and management of a P3O model. You will gain an overall understanding of the elements, roles, functions and tools and techniques deployed in a generalised P3O model.
Course Modules include:
- Module 1: Why Have a P3O?
- Module 2: Models and Tailoring
- Module 3: Implementing and Re-energising
- Module 4: How to Operate a P3O (including Tools and Techniques)
- Module 5: P3O Roles
In the course, learners will:
- Understand how to develop the business case required to obtain senior management approval for the P3O.
- Explore how to identify and build the most appropriate P3O model, which will adapt to the organisation’s needs, taking account of the organisation’s size and portfolio, programme and project management maturity.
- Learn how to identify the most appropriate roles required to populate a specified P3O structure.
- Learn how to plan the implementation of a P3O.
- Learn how to choose and use appropriate tools and techniques while running the P3O and advising those who shape the portfolio of programmes and projects.
- Prepare to pass the P3O Practitioner exam and become P3O Practitioner certified.
After the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate a greater understanding of how to create a business case and mandate for the P3O.
- Understand how P3Os are structured throughout the organisation.
- Use the P3O model and blueprint for implementing a P3O model.
- Demonstrate which functions, services, tools and techniques are needed throughout the high-level P3O model and component offices.
- Share group experiences and develop knowledge within the organisation.
- Demonstrate progress to becoming a competent PMO practitioner and manager.
If you’ve taken P3O® Practitioner, you’ve reached the highest level of P3O® Certifications. Congratulations! There are now a number of ways you can continue your training.
If you’re looking for a more hands-on way to look at the functions and services your PMO can provide, take a look at our AIPMO certifications.
If you’re looking for something more specific to your organisation, whether it’s implementing Agile or getting a grip on Benefits Management, browse our specialist courses.