PMO practitioners have chosen MoP because they’re working at a portfolio level – within a Portfolio Management Office or an Enterprise PMO (ePMO). In this type of role, it is important to understand how portfolio management determines which projects and programmes an organisation decides to do and when.
There’s long been a saying that portfolio management is about doing the right projects and project management is about doing the projects right.
For PMO practitioners with minimal experience in portfolio management, the Foundation level is the place to start.
On completion of the training and certification, you will have gained knowledge of:
- The scope and objectives of portfolio management and how it differs from programme and
- The benefits from applying portfolio management and the context within which it operates
- The principles upon which successful portfolio management is based
- Approaches to implementation, the factors to consider in maintaining progress, and how to
assess the success of portfolio management
- The purposes of the portfolio management definition and delivery cycles and their component
practices, and relevant techniques applicable to each practice
- The purpose and key content of the major portfolio documents
- The scope of key portfolio management roles.
- No previous experience or knowledge required
- Classroom based
- Team exercises
- Group discussions
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 50 questions
- 60 minutes’ duration
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- Closed book.
- Classroom training – 3 days
- Location – Central London / Zoom virtual classroom
- Price – £1175 + VAT / £895 + VAT
There is some pre-reading required for this course. It should take 2 hours to complete. There is also some advised further reading.
On successful completion of the course and examination, course delegates will be certified as MoP® Foundation accredited
“MoP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited”