Project Sponsorship and the PMO
Learning Approach: Classroom or Virtual Classroom
Duration: 1 day
Virtual Course Timings: 9am to 4pm UK time
This course is available in-house only. If you’re looking to bring this course in-house, please get in touch here!
Effective sponsorship can be the difference between project success and project failure, and consequently organisation success. Establishing the role of the Project Sponsor in an organisation is integral to establishing effective PPM governance. Specifically for the PMO professional, the workshop considers the role of the Sponsor and explores the challenges, and potential strategies and tactics to overcome them, when implementing effective Sponsorship within an organisation.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will:
- Understand how effective sponsorship contributes to PPM and organisation success.
- Understand the key accountabilities and responsibilities of a Sponsor and how it aligns to the project organisation structures.
- Have explored the key characteristics and behaviours of an effective Sponsor and how to support their development.
- Have explored the role of the PMO in implementing and supporting Sponsorship within an organisation.
- Have explored the challenges of implementing and supporting Sponsorship within an organisation and identified potential strategies and tactics to overcome them.
- Introductions, Objectives and Agenda
- The Balance of Operational and Change Activities within an Organisation
- Key Accountabilities of the Sponsor
- The Personal Characteristics of a Sponsor
- The Role and Focus of the Sponsor through the Project Lifecycle
- Reflection and Action Planning
This one day course can be held at your own location for up to 12 people.
The course can also be tailored to your organisation’s own challenges.
To find out more, [get in touch]
PMO Learning can also support you in implementing and supporting Sponsorship within your organisation. We have a workshop session available for Project Sponsors and Project Managers which can be tailored for your organisation’s terminology and delivery framework. Enquire today!