Essentials for PMO Directors Training and Certification is aimed at current PMO Directors or PMO Leads, especially those new or moving into this role. The training is also suitable for those aspiring to be PMO Directors and senior Project or Programme Managers moving into a PMO leadership position.
Why should you consider the Essentials for PMO Directors?
- Gain the essential knowledge and understanding to undertake the role of a PMO Director.
- Understand and articulate the core roles and responsibilities of a PMO Director role.
- Learn about the essential competences, knowledge, skills and behaviours required to perform the role of a PMO Director successfully.
- Explore the PMO services offered and how they are delivered by PMO Directors.
- Continue your professional and personal development journey in working in a PMO and the PMO Director role.
There are also numerous benefits to the organisation with employees taking the Essentials for PMO Directors course, these include:
- Provide training for those in the organisation currently working in project management and PMOs.
- Improve capability and competence to support the organisation’s projects, programmes and portfolios.
- Align development of PMO staff with the PMO professional body standards.
- Help staff develop their competences, knowledge, skills and behaviours in P3M and PMO and deploy back in the workplace
- Provide a training and development roadmap and enhanced career prospects for all levels of PMO professionals within the business – improve morale and employee commitment.
- Help organisations to demonstrate the professional competence of their PMO Director
In the Essentials for PMO Directors course you will learn about:
The PMO in Context
- The mission, vision and strategy of PMO
- The levels of P3M maturity and capability
- The different kinds of PMOs
- Developing a PMO Vision
- Designing an Integrated PMO Model
The PMO Roles
- The knowledge, skills and behaviours required of PMO Directors
- The key responsibilities of PMO Directors
- Applying skills and demonstrating key behaviours
PMO Competences for PMO Directors
- Delivery Support competences and links to organisational strategy
- Capacity Management – including portfolio resource forecasting; utilisation reporting and resource management
- Capability Management – including mentoring schemes; training and assessment
- Governance Frameworks – including developing terms of references; RASCI matrices; conflicts of governance
- Assurance – including peer reviews; integrated assurance and audit recommendations.
To see the full syllabus from APMG International >> Download it here <<
In the course, you will learn:
- The essential knowledge and skills needed to undertake the role of a PMO Director
- How PMOs support project, programme and portfolio management activity
- The four key roles within a PMO and when different types of PMOs are required
- The competencies required to successfully undertake the role of a PMO Director
After the course, learners will be able to:
- The purpose of the four key PMO roles
- The key responsibilities of the PMO Director and how to execute those responsibilities
- How to apply the key skills whilst undertaking the role of the PMO Director
- Progress career development within project management and the PMO with confidence.
If you’ve completed the Essentials for PMO Directors™, then there are a few ways you can continue your training.
You may want to consider the P3O® Practitioner, or MoP® Practitioner course.
If you’re looking for something more specific to your organisation, whether it’s implementing Agile or getting a grip on Benefits Management, browse our specialist courses.