Portfolio Management and the PMO –
One Framework, some Theory, and lots of Practice for the PMO
Portfolio Management and the PMO is a 2-day course.
The class is designed to enable senior members of the PMO community to understand what good enterprise-wide portfolio management looks like and what the role and contributions of a PMO should be.
Enterprise-wide Portfolio Management is still a relatively young senior management discipline and therefore not always fully understood – existing frameworks and maturity models usually do not provide a holistic approach and practical guidance at the same time. This class shows not only what good Enterprise-wide Portfolio Management looks like but also how the PMO becomes a key enabler and participant during the design, set-up and running of Enterprise-wide Portfolio Management
Understanding what good Enterprise-wide Portfolio Management looks like includes the following modules:
- Strategy and Leadership
- Corporate Culture
- Governance Arrangements
- Supporting Functions
- Processes and Tooling
- The Reality – what is getting in the way of good Enterprise-wide Portfolio Management
Throughout the course, delegates will:
- understand the basic concepts that underpin Enterprise-wide Portfolio Management and the various maturity considerations;
- hear about best practice;
- see some real-life examples, and;
- understand the role the PMO can and should play
Following the course, delegates will be able to:
- assess the Enterprise-wide Portfolio Management maturity of their own organisation;
- provide recommendations for improvements;
- understand the challenges for/realities of Enterprise-wide Portfolio Management.