The Essentials for PMO Analysts course launched last year is proving to be one of our most popular courses. We often get asked,
I haven’t completed a PMO certification, can I still complete the course?
We’re looking to provide some additional clarity on the pre-requisites guidance provided by APMG and the House of PMO.
The official pre-requisites guidelines are as follows:
- Essentials for PMO Administrator
- A Foundation certificate in either PRAXIS Framework™, APM PFQ ; PMP®, PgMP®, or CAPM AgilePM®, MSP, PRINCE2 Agile, PRINCE2 , PMQ, PM4SD™.
- Any other Project Management certificate at a Foundation level (including internal or noncertified courses).
Some of the most well known PM certifications such as PRINCE2 or the APM PFQ are accepted, but for those without such qualifications there are many options that allow delegates to be eligible to sit the course.
If you have completed any internal training within your organisation surrounding projects, a certificate of attendance is sufficient in demonstrating a foundation level of knowledge in project management.
If you haven’t completed any formal training, another great place to start is some of the online project management courses that once completed issue a certification. Here are some great options:
- Project Management Foundations by LinkedIn Learning
- Essential New Skills in Project Management by LinkedIn Learning
- Google Project Management Certificate by Grow with Google
- Introduction to Project Management via Udemy
These are just a few examples of online courses you can complete – and it’s worth looking around for what is available. The great thing about these online courses are that they are an affordable way to complete training, and won’t require you to use your training days as you can work through them at your own pace – leaving you plenty of availability to join us for the 5 day Essentials for PMO Analysts course!
If you have any further questions, feel free to get in touch!
Enjoying Our Blog?
Sign up and receive all our articles (we’ll send you an update once a week!) plus special offers and events: