At PMO Learning, we have a variety of courses, and it can be difficult finding the course that’s right for you! Here’s an overview of some of the courses you may want to consider!
Over the last 18 months the House of PMO Essentials suite has become very popular with the following courses: Essentials for PMO Administrator, Essentials for PMO Analysts, Essentials for PMO Managers and Essentials for PMO Directors.
The House of PMO Essentials certifications provides a home for PMO professionals where they can develop themselves, support the development of others and contribute to the development of the PMO profession.
Essentials for PMO Administrator
The Essentials for PMO Administrators qualification is suitable for complete beginners and those currently in support roles within a PMO (for example Project Administrators, Project Co-ordinator and Project Support Officers).
In this course, a candidate will understand the role of the PMO Administrator and the context within which the PMO Administrator works:
- P3M and PMO in context
- The four key roles within PMO
- The competencies required to successfully undertake the role of a PMO Administrator
Essentials for PMO Analysts
Essentials for PMO Analysts Training and Certification is aimed at current PMO Analysts, PMO Coordinators, Project Support Officers and those moving from a business operations role into a PMO. This course is suitable for those who have foundation-level knowledge of project, programme or portfolio management. As a result, a formally recognised Project Management certification at Foundation level is a prerequisite.
In the Essentials for PMO Analysts course you will:
- Learn the key activities involved in the setup, running and closing of PMO services
- Discover the purpose of four key roles in a Project Management Office; Administrator, Analyst, Manager and Director, and how they relate to each other.
- Explore the responsibilities, knowledge, skills and behaviour needed to be a successful PMO Analyst.
- Understand the fifteen key competencies required to support delivery activities in projects, programmes and portfolios, such as planning, scheduling, risk management, change control, benefits management and risk management.
Essentials for PMO Managers
Essentials for PMO Managers Training and Certification is aimed at current PMO Managers or PMO Leads, especially those new or moving into this role. The training is also suitable for those aspiring to be PMO Managers and senior Project or Programme Managers moving into a PMO leadership position.
In the Essentials for PMO Managers course you will:
Understand the role of the PMO Manager and the context within which the PMO Manager works. Specifically, it will cover:
- The P3M and PMO context
- The four key roles within a PMO
- The competences required to successfully to undertake the role of a PMO Manager and how they can be applied
Essentials for PMO Directors
Essentials for PMO Directors is aimed at current PMO Directors or PMO Leads, especially those new or moving into this role. The training is also suitable for those aspiring to be PMO Directors and senior Project or Programme Managers moving into a PMO leadership position.
In the course, you will learn:
- The essential knowledge and skills needed to undertake the role of a PMO Director
- How PMOs support project, programme and portfolio management activity
- The four key roles within a PMO and when different types of PMOs are required
- The competencies required to successfully undertake the role of a PMO Director
Another option that is available are the P3O® Certifications! The Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O®) Certifications from AXELOS are very popular for people working within or leading a PMO function. Many PMOs operating today have adopted the P3O® model.
AXELOS have two P3O® certifications:
- Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O®) – Foundation
- Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O®) – Practitioner
The Foundation Certification is aimed at those working within a PMO who are looking to understand the model and concepts used in P3O®. You’ll be working in a team role like Project Administrator, Project Co-ordinator or PMO Analyst. It’s also a perfect baseline accreditation that demonstrates your commitment to a career in PMO.
The Practitioner Certification is aimed at the more experienced PMO practitioner – especially those setting up and managing permanent and/or temporary Project or Programme Management Offices. You’ll be a PMO Manager, PMO Leader or PMO Director and looking to improve your understanding of how P3O® benefits an organisation; how to design and implement PMOs.
In the last year we also recently introduced the MoP® Certifications! PMO practitioners have chosen MoP® because they’re working at a portfolio level – within a Portfolio Management Office or an Enterprise PMO (ePMO). In this type of role, it is important to understand how portfolio management determines which projects and programmes an organisation decides to do and when.
AXELOS have two MoP® certifications:
The Foundation Certification is aimed at those involved in a range of formal and informal portfolio management roles including investment decision making, project and programme delivery, and benefits realization.
The Practitioner Certification is aimed at those involved in a range of formal and informal portfolio management roles encompassing investment decision making, project and programme delivery, and benefits realization.
If you are unsure about what course is right for you, contact us!
Enjoying Our Blog?
Sign up and receive all our articles (we’ll send you an update once a week!) plus special offers and events:
The MoP® courses on this page are offered by PMO Learning. MoP® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited. MoP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The P3O® courses on this page are offered by PMO Learning. P3O® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. P3O® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.