AIPMO – IPMO-Practitioner™ Certification
Learning Approach: Classroom
Duration: 5 days
Exam: 1 hour 30 minutes, 75 multiple choice questions
Certification Body: AIPMO
Price: £2799 + VAT (discounts may apply)
- 5 years experience in Project, Programme or Portfolio Management
- 2 years plus experience in a PMO
- IPMO-F™ Certification, or PMI PMP® or AXELOS Foundation/Practitioner Levels in MSP®, P3O® or MoP®
Pre-Reading: A small amount of pre-reading is required for this course. It is distributed approximately two weeks before the course start.
*Pre-requisites are an indication of the level of experience expected of delegates.
The IPMO-Practitioner level course is specifically for:
- PMO Managers/Directors
- Experienced PMO core team members (Co-ordinator, Analysts etc)
- Project, Programme and Portfolio professionals with an interest in PMO
- Consultants ( in PMO / organisational change)
This course brings together the latest in academic research and best practices across the Project, Programme and Portfolio Management areas into a PMO framework based on the AIPMO standard. The IPMO-Practitioner certification course is hands-on and covers the day-to-day operational aspects of PMOs.
As a IPMO-Practitioner, you will be able to assess PMOs in operation within the context of your organisation; the project types they support; assessment of the current PMO setup; a roadmap to strategically design and implement an integrated approach to ensure PMO alignment with organisational needs.
You will be able to:
- Design and establish a PMO within a Project, Programme or Portfolio Management environment – or a departmental level.
- Develop PMO services and capabilities catalogues within the context of the organisation.
- Understand the content and purpose of key PMO document deliverables both at the group level and at individual PMO levels.
Course modules include:
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Building the Context and Need for PMOs
- Module 3: PMO Lifecycle to Build and Run PMOs
- Module 4: Organisational Capabilities to Build and Run a PMO
- Module 5: Identify / Evaluate / Strategise for a PMO
- Module 6: Design and Justification for a PMO
- Module 7: Pilot and Implement a PMO
- Module 8: Run, Monitor and Control One (Or More) PMOs
- Module 9: Transform / Retire PMOs
- Module 10: PMO Success and PMO Maturity
Download the full course breakdown here.
In the course, learners will:
- Understand the value of high performing PMOs.
- Explore the different roles of PMOs in a single and networked context and across different levels of the organisation.
- Understand the similarities and differences of organisational project management maturity versus PMO maturity.
- Gain experience of applying the PMO lifecycle using the detailed case study to walk through a real PMO example.
- Gain experience of establishing a mandate for PMOs implementations
- Identify the steps required to implement PMOs – covering temporary PMOs based at project and programme level and permanent offices for division and department levels (enterprise-wide PMOs are covered on the Expert level course)
- Learn new tools and techniques never used before in the PMO arena
- Prepare to pass the AIPMO-Practitioner exam and become IPMO-Practitioner certified.
After the course, learners will be able to:
- Increase the value of PMOs in their organisations.
- Demonstrate a greater understanding of Project, Programme and Portfolio Management in the context of PMOs.
- Use the PMO Lifecycle Framework to design, build, run and transform a successful PMO.
- Demonstrate understanding of PMO success factors and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Share group experiences and develop knowledge within the organisation.
- Progress in your journey to being a competent PMO Manager.
- Become confident and motivated to mentor others in getting most out of PMOs.
If you’ve taken the AIPMO IPMO-Practitioner course, then there are a few ways you can continue your training.
If you’d like to continue with the AIPMO certifications, you might want to consider attending AIPMO IPMO-Expert in few years or if you move into a more senior role.
If you’d like an idea of a broader understanding of PMOs, take a look at P3O Foundation and Practitioner.
If you’re looking for something more specific to your organisation, whether it’s implementing Agile or getting a grip on Benefits Management, browse our specialist courses.