BCS® PPSO Essentials Certification
Learning Approach: Classroom
Duration: 4 days
Exam: 1 hour, 40 multiple choice questions
Certification Body: BCS
Price: £2125 + VAT (discounts may apply)
- No previous experience or knowledge required
Pre-Reading: A small amount of pre-reading is required for this course. It is distributed approximately two weeks before the course start.
The BCS PPSO Essentials level course is specifically for:
- Those new to PMO – working in Project Administrator, Project Co-ordinator and Project Support Officer roles
- Those new to a career in project management/ change management
- Those looking for a career move to project support and PMO
Programme and project support office roles have become increasingly pivotal in their overall contribution to Programme and Project Management. Developed from the support team’s perspective, the PPSO Essentials Certification provides delegates with an understanding of programme and project organisation structures, planning, documentation, monitoring and reporting.
The PPSO Essentials Certification is considered to be the entry level training and certification for those new to working in a Programme or Project Management Office. The course not only covers the fundamentals of project management – giving you a solid foundation in project management techniques, processes and tools – the course also covers the day-to-day roles and responsibilities of those working in positions such as Project Support Officer or Project Co-ordinator.
Course Modules include:
- Module 1: The PPSO in Context
- Module 2: PPSO Techniques
- Module 3: Programme and Project Documentation
- Module 4: Exception Situations
- Module 5: Business Case Techniques
- Module 6: Quality Management
- Module 7: Supporting the Use of the Techniques
*Module structure may change
In the course, learners will:
- Lean about the different programme and project organisation structures.
- Explore the techniques around programme and project planning.
- Understand what programme and project documentation is required.
- Learn about programme and project monitoring & reporting techniques and processes.
- Explore risk management techniques, processes and documentation.
- Understand what business cases are and how they are created.
- Learn the principles of configuration management and how to carry it out.
- Understand quality management and quality assurance.
- Learn about the supporting techniques, processes and approaches that Project Support Officers use and carry out.
- Prepare to pass the PPSO Essentials exam and become BCS PPSO Essentials certified.
After the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate a greater understanding of the fundamentals of programme and project management.
- Demonstrate a greater understanding of Programme and Project Management Offices and their uses.
- Understand and articulate the core roles and responsibilities of Project Support Officers.
- Share group experiences and develop knowledge of the Project Support Officer role, ready to return to your organisation.
- Perform the core roles and responsibilities of a Project Support Officer role based on techniques learnt on the course.
- Continue your professional and personal development journey in working in project support and PMO roles.
If you’ve taken the BCS® PPSO Essentials, then there are lots of things you can do to continue your PMO development.
If you want to learn more about the models and theories used by PMOs, take a look at P3O® Foundation.
If you want a more hands-on way to learn about the functions and services your PMO can provide, take a look at AIPMO IPMO-Foundation
If you’re looking for something more specific to your organisation, whether it’s implementing Agile or getting a grip on Benefits Management, browse our specialist courses.