At PMO Learning, we’re excited to introduce our brand new course – Assurance for PMO Professionals!
What is the course about?
Effective and timely assurance is increasingly seen as critical to the success of projects. Carrying out the right reviews at the right time can help keep a project on course – or get it stopped if it’s going wrong! But assurance is much more than just reviews; it’s about everything that happens in and around a project to ensure risks are properly managed and that good decisions are made. This course describes how you as a PMO professional fit into the project assurance landscape, and how you can help ensure that project assurance is effective and efficient.
What will delegates learn?
After the training, delegates will:
- Have a broad understanding of assurance types.
- Understand what makes assurance good or bad.
- Understand relationships between assurance types, and between governance, risk management and assurance.
- Know how to conduct a project review is a consistent way.
- Understand the distinction between project reviews and project audits.
- Know how to flex assurance approaches dependent on delivery method.
What will the course cover?
- Course modules include:
- Introduction to assurance
- Assurance, governance and risk management
- Integrated assurance
- Assurance frameworks
- Project auditing
- Reviewing projects with the Measures for Assuring Projects Toolkit
- Assurance of Agile
- Data in assurance
- Maximising assurance value
- Assurance’s role in corporate knowledge
How long is the course?
The Assurance for PMO Professionals training is a 2 day course.
Who is the course designed for?
This course will be most beneficial for Assurance Managers, Internal Auditors, and those working in managerial roles within the PMO.
Where can I find out more?
You can read more about the Assurance for PMO Professionals course here.
At PMO Conference on the 3rd November, we will be officially launching the course, and we hope to see many of you there!
We are also hosting a webinar on the 11th November, 4pm GMT and you can register for the event by following this link.
Enjoying Our Blog?
Sign up and receive all our articles (we’ll send you an update once a week!) plus special offers and events: