If you haven’t already heard International PMO Day will be celebrated on the 9th of May.
International PMO Day is all about recognising, highlighting, promoting, appreciating, and celebrating PMOs in organisations today.
PMO can mean different things to different people and organisations so we want to share what PMO Learning means when we say PMO.
At the highest level, a PMO is a business function with two primary aims:
- To help the business in the decision-making process around the projects and programmes they run, and;
- To help businesses get better at running projects and programmes by supporting the increase of capability required by the organisation to deliver projects and programmes more successfully.
Our Directors are both incredibly passionate about PMO, so they decided to create a training company dedicated to PMO.
This is why we are so delighted there is a day – at last! – dedicated to celebrating the wonderful world of PMO.
Ways You Can Celebrate International PMO Day
We got thinking about all the different ways you could celebrate International PMO Day – especially in a way that is all about learning and development. Here’s our suggestions to what you could be doing on the 9th May:
- Take 30 minutes out of the day to read up on a subject you’ve been meaning to get round to – pick a PMO subject area and find out the latest developments
- Take a shorter amount of time out and pick up on one on our recent blog articles – how about PMO Course Deep-Dive – P3O® Foundation or find out about the Top Five Reasons Why You Should Consider Management of Portfolios (MoP®) or maybe What Courses To Consider!
- How about doing some bite-sized learning – Linkedin Learning is a good place to start, especially for some of those Excel skills you could be brushing up on.
- You could do some learning with the PMO team too – why not share what each one of you has recently learnt – it could be something as simple as a keyboard shortcut – or a piece of functionality on your PPM tool.
Whatever you choose to do, why not share that with the rest of the PMO community on the day – just use the hashtag #intlPMOday and let others see how you’ve chosen to mark the day.
If you haven’t already check out the website where you can explore all the details surrounding the big day.
Here are some further suggestions from the team behind International PMO Day
What can I do as an individual?
- Celebrate your PMO Career so far – take some time to reflect on your achievements.
- Network and meetup – attend a PMO event and meet new people in the PMO field
- Personal goals – set a new goal for your PMO this year
- Encourage – get all your friends and colleagues in PMO to join in on the day
- Share – post an image, video, or comment about what you love about PMO with the hashtag #intlPMODay
What can my organisation do?
- Throw a PMO party- take some time to celebrate with all your colleagues
- Spread the word – tell your colleagues in your organisation about the day
- Engage – join in with LinkedIn and social media to celebrate the day
- Share – tell the world about your PMO.
Enjoying Our Blog?
Sign up and receive all our articles (we’ll send you an update once a week!) plus special offers and events:
The MoP® courses on this page are offered by PMO Learning. MoP® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited. MoP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The P3O® courses on this page are offered by PMO Learning. P3O® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. P3O® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.